7 policemen killed in militants` attack in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Seven policemen were killed and four others, including a senior officer, injured when dozens of militants ambushed their vehicles on the outskirts of Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.
The police convoy was attacked at Mattani area late last night. Six policemen were killed instantly while one more died in hospital today, officials said.
Kohat district police chief Dilawar Bangash was among the injured. Bangash was driving from Peshawar to Kohat when his convoy was ambushed on the Indus Highway. The militants fired several rockets at the convoy and destroyed one vehicle.
An injured driver drove Bangash to Kohat and both of them were admitted to a military hospital, officials said.
Additional police forces were sent to the area after the attack. They exchanged fire with the militants for some time.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands