74 Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by Lankan Navy
Rameswaram (TN): Seventy-four Tamil Nadu fishermen were arrested tonight by the Sri Lankan Navy when they were fishing off Kodaikarai coast, fisheries department officials said.
They have been taken to Kankesanthaurai by the Lankan Navy personnel, Assistant Director (Fisheries) Uma said.
With this, a total of 139 fishermen have been arrested by the Lankan navy over the past two days.
Yesterday, 65 fishermen who set out in nine boats from Nagapattinam were arrested by the Lankan Navy for allegedly violating the International maritime boundary line.
Of this, 35 fishermen were produced before the Mallagam court and have been remanded to custody till August 7, sources said.
Yesterday, five fishermen from Nagapattinam district were injured in a mid-sea attack allegedly by their counterparts in Sri Lanka off Kodiakarai coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!