74 Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by Lankan Navy
Rameswaram (TN): Seventy-four Tamil Nadu fishermen were arrested tonight by the Sri Lankan Navy when they were fishing off Kodaikarai coast, fisheries department officials said.
They have been taken to Kankesanthaurai by the Lankan Navy personnel, Assistant Director (Fisheries) Uma said.
With this, a total of 139 fishermen have been arrested by the Lankan navy over the past two days.
Yesterday, 65 fishermen who set out in nine boats from Nagapattinam were arrested by the Lankan Navy for allegedly violating the International maritime boundary line.
Of this, 35 fishermen were produced before the Mallagam court and have been remanded to custody till August 7, sources said.
Yesterday, five fishermen from Nagapattinam district were injured in a mid-sea attack allegedly by their counterparts in Sri Lanka off Kodiakarai coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read