74 Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by Lankan Navy
Rameswaram (TN): Seventy-four Tamil Nadu fishermen were arrested tonight by the Sri Lankan Navy when they were fishing off Kodaikarai coast, fisheries department officials said.
They have been taken to Kankesanthaurai by the Lankan Navy personnel, Assistant Director (Fisheries) Uma said.
With this, a total of 139 fishermen have been arrested by the Lankan navy over the past two days.
Yesterday, 65 fishermen who set out in nine boats from Nagapattinam were arrested by the Lankan Navy for allegedly violating the International maritime boundary line.
Of this, 35 fishermen were produced before the Mallagam court and have been remanded to custody till August 7, sources said.
Yesterday, five fishermen from Nagapattinam district were injured in a mid-sea attack allegedly by their counterparts in Sri Lanka off Kodiakarai coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore