766,187 Afghan nationals registered in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani authorities have
registered 766,187 Afghan nationals as part of a campaign to
compile accurate data of Afghan immigrants living in the
The government has set February 28 as the deadline for
registration of all Afghan refugees.
A total of 766,187 Afghans have been registered so
far in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and over 314,000 others will be
registered before the end of the deadline, National Database
Registration Authority General Manager Mir Alam Khan said on Monday.
He ruled out chances of fraud in the registration
process, saying that recording of fingerprints and physical
presence of the person was mandatory.
A total of 1.4 million Afghans were earlier registered
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and 400,000 were repatriated by UNHCR.
Thirty-two registration centers have been set up
across the province while makeshift centers are also
operational. The process is being conducted in collaboration
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand