766,187 Afghan nationals registered in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani authorities have
registered 766,187 Afghan nationals as part of a campaign to
compile accurate data of Afghan immigrants living in the
The government has set February 28 as the deadline for
registration of all Afghan refugees.
A total of 766,187 Afghans have been registered so
far in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and over 314,000 others will be
registered before the end of the deadline, National Database
Registration Authority General Manager Mir Alam Khan said on Monday.
He ruled out chances of fraud in the registration
process, saying that recording of fingerprints and physical
presence of the person was mandatory.
A total of 1.4 million Afghans were earlier registered
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and 400,000 were repatriated by UNHCR.
Thirty-two registration centers have been set up
across the province while makeshift centers are also
operational. The process is being conducted in collaboration
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy