766,187 Afghan nationals registered in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani authorities have
registered 766,187 Afghan nationals as part of a campaign to
compile accurate data of Afghan immigrants living in the
The government has set February 28 as the deadline for
registration of all Afghan refugees.
A total of 766,187 Afghans have been registered so
far in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and over 314,000 others will be
registered before the end of the deadline, National Database
Registration Authority General Manager Mir Alam Khan said on Monday.
He ruled out chances of fraud in the registration
process, saying that recording of fingerprints and physical
presence of the person was mandatory.
A total of 1.4 million Afghans were earlier registered
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and 400,000 were repatriated by UNHCR.
Thirty-two registration centers have been set up
across the province while makeshift centers are also
operational. The process is being conducted in collaboration
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players