766,187 Afghan nationals registered in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani authorities have
registered 766,187 Afghan nationals as part of a campaign to
compile accurate data of Afghan immigrants living in the
The government has set February 28 as the deadline for
registration of all Afghan refugees.
A total of 766,187 Afghans have been registered so
far in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and over 314,000 others will be
registered before the end of the deadline, National Database
Registration Authority General Manager Mir Alam Khan said on Monday.
He ruled out chances of fraud in the registration
process, saying that recording of fingerprints and physical
presence of the person was mandatory.
A total of 1.4 million Afghans were earlier registered
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and 400,000 were repatriated by UNHCR.
Thirty-two registration centers have been set up
across the province while makeshift centers are also
operational. The process is being conducted in collaboration
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!