77 militants killed within day in Afghanistan
Kabul: At least 77 Taliban militants were killed in army operations in Afghanistan since early Saturday, defence ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Army (ANA) conducted several security operations in Laghman, Ghazni and Helmand provinces over the past 24 hours, killing 77 armed militants and injuring several other militants," Xinhua reported citing the ministry.
The army defused 28 roadside bombs and landmines besides seizing weapons and ammunition.
Three soldiers also died following separate roadside bombings over the same period, the statement noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'