`775 civilians died in US drone strikes in Pak`
Islamabad: About 775 civilians, including
173 children were killed in 300 strikes carried out by US spy
planes in Pakistan tribal regions since they were started in
June 2004, a report has said.
The report says between 1,141 and 1,225 persons were also
injured by the drone strikes, mostly in Waziristan tribal
areas near the Afghan border, Dawn newspaper quoted a report
released yesterday by the London-based Bureau of Investigative
The report said that at least 2,318 people and a maximum
of 2,912 people, the majority of them alleged militants, have
been killed in these attacks.
"The US covert drone war in Pakistan reached a new
milestone with the 300th attack on alleged militants in the
country`s tribal areas," said the report.
Of the 300 drone strikes since June 17, 2004, it says,
248 occurred during President Barack Obama`s first three
years, rising to a frequency of almost one strike every four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy