`775 civilians died in US drone strikes in Pak`
Islamabad: About 775 civilians, including
173 children were killed in 300 strikes carried out by US spy
planes in Pakistan tribal regions since they were started in
June 2004, a report has said.
The report says between 1,141 and 1,225 persons were also
injured by the drone strikes, mostly in Waziristan tribal
areas near the Afghan border, Dawn newspaper quoted a report
released yesterday by the London-based Bureau of Investigative
The report said that at least 2,318 people and a maximum
of 2,912 people, the majority of them alleged militants, have
been killed in these attacks.
"The US covert drone war in Pakistan reached a new
milestone with the 300th attack on alleged militants in the
country`s tribal areas," said the report.
Of the 300 drone strikes since June 17, 2004, it says,
248 occurred during President Barack Obama`s first three
years, rising to a frequency of almost one strike every four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical