`775 civilians died in US drone strikes in Pak`
Islamabad: About 775 civilians, including
173 children were killed in 300 strikes carried out by US spy
planes in Pakistan tribal regions since they were started in
June 2004, a report has said.
The report says between 1,141 and 1,225 persons were also
injured by the drone strikes, mostly in Waziristan tribal
areas near the Afghan border, Dawn newspaper quoted a report
released yesterday by the London-based Bureau of Investigative
The report said that at least 2,318 people and a maximum
of 2,912 people, the majority of them alleged militants, have
been killed in these attacks.
"The US covert drone war in Pakistan reached a new
milestone with the 300th attack on alleged militants in the
country`s tribal areas," said the report.
Of the 300 drone strikes since June 17, 2004, it says,
248 occurred during President Barack Obama`s first three
years, rising to a frequency of almost one strike every four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blast at Trinamool victory rally in West Bengal, nine injured
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner