8 killed in suicide blast on Pak-Afghan border
Islamabad: An Afghan suicide bomber on Wednesday struck a border crossing in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province, killing at least eight persons and wounding 16 others including seven soldiers.
According to Pakistani security officials, the suicide bomber sitting on donkey cart with two other people entered from Afghanistan and detonated his explosives when Frontier Corps soldiers approached him.
The bomber`s head and body parts were later found at the site of the attack at Chaman border crossing.
Balochistan government spokesman Jan Buledi said border forces had confirmed it was a suicide bombing.
"One Frontier Corps solider was killed in the bomb attack," he said.
The border crossing was closed after the incident.
Maj Gen Ejaz Shahid, regional chief of the Frontier Corps, tweeted that seven injured soldiers were taken to Quetta. He added that four were in serious condition.
Chaman is a small town in southwestern Balochistan province and is one of two main crossing points for supplies for American and NATO troops fighting in neighbouring Afghanistan.
In July, four persons were killed and 10 others injured in a suicide blast near the crossing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video