8 security personnel killed as check post attacked in Pak
Islamabad: At least eight security personnel were killed and three others were injured when militants launched an attack at a checkpost in Pakistan`s southwestern port city of Gwader on Saturday afternoon, reported local Urdu TV channel AAJ.
According to the report, the attack happened at about 1:00 p.m. local time when an unknown number of militants coming in on motorbike opened fire at a checkpost in the Pishukan area of Gwader, a port city lying on the very southwestern tip of the country.
Details about the attack are not immediately available at this point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family