8 suspected militants held in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani troops arrested eight
suspected militants during search operations in the country?s
restive northwest and repulsed two Taliban attacks on check
posts in the Waziristan tribal region, the military said
Militants attacked two check posts in the Jandola and
Razmak sectors of Waziristan with rockets and small arms.
Troops "effectively responded" to the attacks and there were
no reports of casualties.
Security forces apprehended two suspected militants and
recovered arms and ammunition during a search and clearance
operation at Hassan Khel in Bannu. Troops also conducted
search operations at Kaniguram and Sultana in Waziristan and
seized arms and ammunition.
In the Razmak sector, security forces cleared 16
militant-held compounds at Tora Tiza near Makeen.
Troops arrested six suspected militants and seized arms
and ammunition during search and clearance operations at
several places in Swat. A militant also surrendered to
security forces at Zarra Khela in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption