8 suspected militants held in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani troops arrested eight
suspected militants during search operations in the country?s
restive northwest and repulsed two Taliban attacks on check
posts in the Waziristan tribal region, the military said
Militants attacked two check posts in the Jandola and
Razmak sectors of Waziristan with rockets and small arms.
Troops "effectively responded" to the attacks and there were
no reports of casualties.
Security forces apprehended two suspected militants and
recovered arms and ammunition during a search and clearance
operation at Hassan Khel in Bannu. Troops also conducted
search operations at Kaniguram and Sultana in Waziristan and
seized arms and ammunition.
In the Razmak sector, security forces cleared 16
militant-held compounds at Tora Tiza near Makeen.
Troops arrested six suspected militants and seized arms
and ammunition during search and clearance operations at
several places in Swat. A militant also surrendered to
security forces at Zarra Khela in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi