8 suspected militants held in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani troops arrested eight
suspected militants during search operations in the country?s
restive northwest and repulsed two Taliban attacks on check
posts in the Waziristan tribal region, the military said
Militants attacked two check posts in the Jandola and
Razmak sectors of Waziristan with rockets and small arms.
Troops "effectively responded" to the attacks and there were
no reports of casualties.
Security forces apprehended two suspected militants and
recovered arms and ammunition during a search and clearance
operation at Hassan Khel in Bannu. Troops also conducted
search operations at Kaniguram and Sultana in Waziristan and
seized arms and ammunition.
In the Razmak sector, security forces cleared 16
militant-held compounds at Tora Tiza near Makeen.
Troops arrested six suspected militants and seized arms
and ammunition during search and clearance operations at
several places in Swat. A militant also surrendered to
security forces at Zarra Khela in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter