8 suspected militants held in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani troops arrested eight
suspected militants during search operations in the country?s
restive northwest and repulsed two Taliban attacks on check
posts in the Waziristan tribal region, the military said
Militants attacked two check posts in the Jandola and
Razmak sectors of Waziristan with rockets and small arms.
Troops "effectively responded" to the attacks and there were
no reports of casualties.
Security forces apprehended two suspected militants and
recovered arms and ammunition during a search and clearance
operation at Hassan Khel in Bannu. Troops also conducted
search operations at Kaniguram and Sultana in Waziristan and
seized arms and ammunition.
In the Razmak sector, security forces cleared 16
militant-held compounds at Tora Tiza near Makeen.
Troops arrested six suspected militants and seized arms
and ammunition during search and clearance operations at
several places in Swat. A militant also surrendered to
security forces at Zarra Khela in the restive region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors