93 ceasefire violations on LoC by Pakistan in 2012
New Delhi: There were 93 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in 2012, taking the total number since 2010 to 188, parliament was told Monday.
In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said the government has consistently taken up the issue of ceasefire violations with Pakistan.
He asid Pakistan violated the ceasefire agreement with India on 44 occasions in 2010. The corresponding number was 51 in 2011.
Two Army personnel were killed during these violations in 2010 and one was killed in 2012.
"All violations of ceasefire are also taken up with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through established mechanism of hotline, flag meetings as well as weekly talks between the Director Generals of Military Operations," Antony said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living