93 ceasefire violations on LoC by Pakistan in 2012
New Delhi: There were 93 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in 2012, taking the total number since 2010 to 188, parliament was told Monday.
In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said the government has consistently taken up the issue of ceasefire violations with Pakistan.
He asid Pakistan violated the ceasefire agreement with India on 44 occasions in 2010. The corresponding number was 51 in 2011.
Two Army personnel were killed during these violations in 2010 and one was killed in 2012.
"All violations of ceasefire are also taken up with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through established mechanism of hotline, flag meetings as well as weekly talks between the Director Generals of Military Operations," Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight