A Pakistani wife wants a wife for himself
Islamabad: About eight months ago, Nagina Akram was a happily married woman but is now running a tyre shop and is looking for a suitable girl for "himself".
Born as a girl to a family in Ghaziabad in Pakistan’s Sindh province, Akram`s father was a trader named Haji Akram was a trader.
As Nagina, she married an expatriate named Khalid who worked in Spain in 2011. Khalid and Akram spent two years as a happily married couple.
He would visit Pakistan every six months or so to see his wife. When the couple had no children even after two years of their marriage, Khalid asked his wife to consult a doctor.
That casual visit to gynaecologist Tahira Khalid changed everything for the couple, especially the wife, Dawn newspaper reported today.
The gynaecologist, after observing some changes occurring in Akram’s body, advised her to undergo tests at Karachi`s Agha Khan Hospital.
The tests confirmed that Akram was undergoing a sex change and needed surgery, which was conducted at a private hospital, turning her into a man who was named Usman Akram, the report said.
At that time, Khalid was in Spain, busy trying to get documents to bring his "wife" to the European country.
Akram told Dawn that initially he felt very shy about the change he had gone through.
"For at least eight months, I shaved my face to grow facial hair so that I looked like a man," he said.
Soon after the medical tests confirmed signs of a sex change, he had informed Khalid about the development. Since then, they had not contacted each other.
Khalid’s family had amicably returned the dowry, he said. He said that since he needed some means to earn a livelihood, he started running a tyre shop at a bus stand.
Akram, who has been issued a new national computerised ID card with male status, is now looking for a suitable girl to marry, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!