Abducted sons of Gilani, Taseer to be traced: Pak Nawaz Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistani intelligence agencies will be directed to make concerted efforts to recover the kidnapped sons of former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani and slain Governor Salman Taseer, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said on Tuesday.
He said the government will ensure that law and order is maintained. "A concerted effort and united stand will enable us to achieve the desired results," he said.
Sharif made the remarks while meeting a parliamentary delegation comprising all political parties headed by Abdul Malik Baloch, Chief Minister of Balochistan province.
Baloch sought assistance for the recovery of Arbab Abdul Zahir Kansi, a leader of the Awami National Party from Balochistan.
"We want that the menace of kidnapping for ransom be eliminated from our province and need support of the federal government in this respect," he said.
Sharif expressed concern at kidnappings for ransom and assured the delegation he would take personal interest in the recovery of Kansi, a statement from his office said.
"I am also concerned about the sons of former premier Yusuf Raza Gilani and late Governor Salman Taseer," Sharif said.
"Prime Minister said that he will direct all the heads of intelligence agencies to make concerted efforts to recover them soon," the statement said.
Gilani`s son Ali Haider was kidnapped on May 10 last year from Multan during the election campaign while Taseer`s son Shahbaz was kidnapped from Lahore in 2011.
The Balochistan Chief Minister assured Sharif of his support to the government`s policy on terrorism and said, "We will follow the government`s policy on this issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you