Acid attack on teenager: Pakistani man gets life term
Lahore: A Pakistani court has given a life sentence to a man for attacking a 13-year-old girl with acid in Punjab province.
The district and sessions judge in Muzaffargarh also imposed a fine of Rs 1.2 million on Farooq Shah. He said Rs 1 million of this amount should be given to the victim.
During proceedings yesterday, the judge further ordered the sale of the convict`s property for payment of the compensation and fine.
Shah, 25, threw acid on the girl after she reportedly resisted his attempts to rape her. The girl suffered burns on her face and neck.
A case was registered against Shah in April in Muzaffargarh district, 400 km from Lahore, the capital of Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case