Action against 15 cops after UP minister enters Nepal
Kathmandu: Action has been initiated
against 15 security personnel in Nepal, a week after a
minister from Uttar Pradesh mistakenly entered Nepalese
territory along with armed guards.
UP`s Women Welfare Minister Binda Chaudhary`s
motorcade had unknowingly entered Chandrauta in Nepal via
Krishnanagar while travelling in the border areas on May 22.
Action has been initiated against 15 security
personnel, including six from the Nepal Police and nine from
the Armed Police, deployed at the `Link Gate` area that is the
border entry point.
The security personnel, including an Assistant Police
Inspector Rana Bahadur Kunwar, were withdrawn to the District
Police Office and clarification sought from them, National
News Agency (RSS) said.
Action has been initiated for negligence against them
as the minister and her armed guards entered the country
without being checked.
An explanation has been sought from them, SP Sharad
The minister`s vehicle bearing the number UP 50 T
488400, and her entourage of 11 security men had entered Nepal
last week. They were briefly arrested before being handed over
to the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical