Afghan actor killed in NATO air strike
Moscow: Prominent Afghan actor Nazar Mohammad Majnonyar Helmandi who starred in over a dozen films highlighting the struggle against drug trafficking and terrorism was killed in a NATO air strike in southern Afghanistan.
Helmandi was killed along with three militants who had seized the movie star on suspicion of spying for the government in Helmand province, his brother Dilawar said.
Helmandi had gone to the Khoskabi area to inquire about his ailing sister when he was captured by the armed rebels, Dilawar told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The militants were interrogating Helmandi when the NATO air strike took place, killing the actor and the rebels, said Dilawar, who identified his brother`s body mutilated beyond recognition.
The police headquarters confirmed the air strike, saying a local rebel commander, Mohammad Alam, was among those killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement