Afghan actor killed in NATO air strike
Moscow: Prominent Afghan actor Nazar Mohammad Majnonyar Helmandi who starred in over a dozen films highlighting the struggle against drug trafficking and terrorism was killed in a NATO air strike in southern Afghanistan.
Helmandi was killed along with three militants who had seized the movie star on suspicion of spying for the government in Helmand province, his brother Dilawar said.
Helmandi had gone to the Khoskabi area to inquire about his ailing sister when he was captured by the armed rebels, Dilawar told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The militants were interrogating Helmandi when the NATO air strike took place, killing the actor and the rebels, said Dilawar, who identified his brother`s body mutilated beyond recognition.
The police headquarters confirmed the air strike, saying a local rebel commander, Mohammad Alam, was among those killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan