Afghan authorities seize 23 tons heroin, morphine
Kabul: Afghan officials say counter-narcotics teams have seized roughly 23 tons of heroin and morphine and other chemicals in a helicopter raid.
They say the bust yesterday is the largest so far this year. Raid commander General Abdul Khalil Bahktyar said in a news conference today that helicopter-borne commandos raided a facility in the Sherzad district of Nangarhar province east of Kabul.
They seized drugs and large quantities of chemicals such as ammonium chloride, which are used in the manufacture of illicit narcotics.
Bahktyar says the massive haul was the latest in a series of 210 raids so far this year in which his commandos have arrested more than 190 suspects. He said the drugs were destroyed at the scene and six drug labs dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report