Afghan: Bus collision with truck leaves 51 dead
Kabul: A fiery crash between a bus and a truck in Afghanistan on Friday morning claimed 51 lives.
According to General Zarawar Zahid, the police chief in Ghazni province, both the vehicles burned after the collision in Ab Band district.
He says 51 of the 56 passengers on the bus have died. Afghan police and soldiers are working to remove the victims, including children, from the wreckage.
Zahid says many of the bodies are so badly burned that they cannot be easily identified. The fate of the two drivers was not immediately known.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users