Afghan: Bus collision with truck leaves 51 dead
Kabul: A fiery crash between a bus and a truck in Afghanistan on Friday morning claimed 51 lives.
According to General Zarawar Zahid, the police chief in Ghazni province, both the vehicles burned after the collision in Ab Band district.
He says 51 of the 56 passengers on the bus have died. Afghan police and soldiers are working to remove the victims, including children, from the wreckage.
Zahid says many of the bodies are so badly burned that they cannot be easily identified. The fate of the two drivers was not immediately known.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack