Afghan: Bus collision with truck leaves 51 dead
Kabul: A fiery crash between a bus and a truck in Afghanistan on Friday morning claimed 51 lives.
According to General Zarawar Zahid, the police chief in Ghazni province, both the vehicles burned after the collision in Ab Band district.
He says 51 of the 56 passengers on the bus have died. Afghan police and soldiers are working to remove the victims, including children, from the wreckage.
Zahid says many of the bodies are so badly burned that they cannot be easily identified. The fate of the two drivers was not immediately known.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!