Afghan coal mine collapse kills 27
Zee Media Bureau
Kabul: In the latest mining accident in Afghanistan, 27 miners have been killed in a coal mine collapse in Ro-e-Dohab district in the northern province of Samangan, reports said Sunday.
The accident took place at Abkhorak coal mine, located almost 200 km north of Kabul, when a part of the mine caved in, said provincial governor`s spokesman Mohammad Seddiq Azizi.
The rescue men were joined by locals in saving miners’ lives but because of poor equipments four rescuemen were hurt in the process, reports said.
Also 13 miners were still said to be trapped according to the BBC.
Before this, a mine accident in Afghanistan’s Baghlan province in December last year killed 11 miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000