Afghan coal mine collapse kills 27
Zee Media Bureau
Kabul: In the latest mining accident in Afghanistan, 27 miners have been killed in a coal mine collapse in Ro-e-Dohab district in the northern province of Samangan, reports said Sunday.
The accident took place at Abkhorak coal mine, located almost 200 km north of Kabul, when a part of the mine caved in, said provincial governor`s spokesman Mohammad Seddiq Azizi.
The rescue men were joined by locals in saving miners’ lives but because of poor equipments four rescuemen were hurt in the process, reports said.
Also 13 miners were still said to be trapped according to the BBC.
Before this, a mine accident in Afghanistan’s Baghlan province in December last year killed 11 miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi