Afghan consulate official goes missing in Quetta
Quetta: An official of the consulate of Afghanistan here in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province has gone missing last week, police said on Monday.
A police official at the Satellite Town Police Station in whose jurisdiction the Afghan consulate is located said that Afghan national Muhammad Hashim who worked in the passport section of the consulate went missing since July 25.
"Siddiqullah, the son of the missing Afghan official, has lodged an FIR in our station," police official Sardar Shah said.
Afghan Consul General Ghullam Muhammad Bahadur said that his consulate was in close contact with the Pakistan government to recover Hashim.
"We lost contact with him since last Tuesday and we have received no calls from him nor his family nor any calls for ransom demands," he said.
Police said kidnappings for ransom have increased in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan