Afghan cop kills six colleagues
Kabul: An Afghan policeman gunned down six of his colleagues in Helmand province Friday night, police spokesman Farid Farhang said Saturday.
"A police constable who had link with Taliban militants and worked as chief in a police checkpoint in Gereshk district opened fire on their colleagues late Friday leaving six police colleagues dead and fled away to join Taliban," Farhang told Xinhua.
The murderer was identified and arrested in the neighboring Musa Qala district Saturday morning.
The green-on-blue attacks by men in Afghan Army or police uniform against NATO-led forces have claimed the lives of more than 50 foreign soldiers so far this year.
However, the so-called green-on-blue attacks against Afghan security forces personnel have rarely been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery