Afghan cop kills six colleagues
Kabul: An Afghan policeman gunned down six of his colleagues in Helmand province Friday night, police spokesman Farid Farhang said Saturday.
"A police constable who had link with Taliban militants and worked as chief in a police checkpoint in Gereshk district opened fire on their colleagues late Friday leaving six police colleagues dead and fled away to join Taliban," Farhang told Xinhua.
The murderer was identified and arrested in the neighboring Musa Qala district Saturday morning.
The green-on-blue attacks by men in Afghan Army or police uniform against NATO-led forces have claimed the lives of more than 50 foreign soldiers so far this year.
However, the so-called green-on-blue attacks against Afghan security forces personnel have rarely been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj