Afghan cop kills six colleagues
Kabul: An Afghan policeman gunned down six of his colleagues in Helmand province Friday night, police spokesman Farid Farhang said Saturday.
"A police constable who had link with Taliban militants and worked as chief in a police checkpoint in Gereshk district opened fire on their colleagues late Friday leaving six police colleagues dead and fled away to join Taliban," Farhang told Xinhua.
The murderer was identified and arrested in the neighboring Musa Qala district Saturday morning.
The green-on-blue attacks by men in Afghan Army or police uniform against NATO-led forces have claimed the lives of more than 50 foreign soldiers so far this year.
However, the so-called green-on-blue attacks against Afghan security forces personnel have rarely been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!