Afghan cop kills six colleagues
Kabul: An Afghan policeman gunned down six of his colleagues in Helmand province Friday night, police spokesman Farid Farhang said Saturday.
"A police constable who had link with Taliban militants and worked as chief in a police checkpoint in Gereshk district opened fire on their colleagues late Friday leaving six police colleagues dead and fled away to join Taliban," Farhang told Xinhua.
The murderer was identified and arrested in the neighboring Musa Qala district Saturday morning.
The green-on-blue attacks by men in Afghan Army or police uniform against NATO-led forces have claimed the lives of more than 50 foreign soldiers so far this year.
However, the so-called green-on-blue attacks against Afghan security forces personnel have rarely been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!