Afghan cop kills six colleagues
Kabul: An Afghan policeman gunned down six of his colleagues in Helmand province Friday night, police spokesman Farid Farhang said Saturday.
"A police constable who had link with Taliban militants and worked as chief in a police checkpoint in Gereshk district opened fire on their colleagues late Friday leaving six police colleagues dead and fled away to join Taliban," Farhang told Xinhua.
The murderer was identified and arrested in the neighboring Musa Qala district Saturday morning.
The green-on-blue attacks by men in Afghan Army or police uniform against NATO-led forces have claimed the lives of more than 50 foreign soldiers so far this year.
However, the so-called green-on-blue attacks against Afghan security forces personnel have rarely been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside