Afghan cop kills three British troops
Kabul: Three foreign troops were shot dead by a man in an Afghan police uniform in southern Afghanistan, the US-led coalition said in a statement.
The nationalities of the three are not yet known as the statement did not reveal any other information.
It said the man was wearing the uniform of the Afghan National Civil Order Police and that the incident was under investigation.
Their deaths bring to 218 the number of foreign troops killed so far this year.
Earlier, Afghan police said a roadside bomb killed five civilians in the eastern province of Ghazni.
Deputy provincial police chief Major Mohammad Hussain said a bus full of people struck the explosives on Sunday morning while driving near Ghazni city, capital of the province of the same name.
He said another 11 people were wounded, and the dead included women and children. The bus was travelling from Kabul to the southern city of Kandahar.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites