Afghan dead as protestors raid Iranian consulate
Herat: One person was killed and three injured on Saturday when protestors raided the Iranian consulate in Herat city, the provincial capital of the western Afghan province of Herat, police said.
"A demonstration held by locals near the Iranian consulate building in Herat turned violent," Xinhua quoted province police chief Rahmatullah Safi as saying.
"The protestors clashed with the police. One protestor was killed and three people, including a policeman, were injured in the clash," he said.
Earlier, the media had reported that three people were killed in the incident.
The demonstration was over long waits to get Iran visas.
Unemployment and joblessness in the war-hit country has led many Afghans to go to the neighbouring country and seek jobs there.
Parts of the building were damaged, but no member of the consulate was injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death