Afghan dead as protestors raid Iranian consulate
Herat: One person was killed and three injured on Saturday when protestors raided the Iranian consulate in Herat city, the provincial capital of the western Afghan province of Herat, police said.
"A demonstration held by locals near the Iranian consulate building in Herat turned violent," Xinhua quoted province police chief Rahmatullah Safi as saying.
"The protestors clashed with the police. One protestor was killed and three people, including a policeman, were injured in the clash," he said.
Earlier, the media had reported that three people were killed in the incident.
The demonstration was over long waits to get Iran visas.
Unemployment and joblessness in the war-hit country has led many Afghans to go to the neighbouring country and seek jobs there.
Parts of the building were damaged, but no member of the consulate was injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love