Afghan dead as protestors raid Iranian consulate
Herat: One person was killed and three injured on Saturday when protestors raided the Iranian consulate in Herat city, the provincial capital of the western Afghan province of Herat, police said.
"A demonstration held by locals near the Iranian consulate building in Herat turned violent," Xinhua quoted province police chief Rahmatullah Safi as saying.
"The protestors clashed with the police. One protestor was killed and three people, including a policeman, were injured in the clash," he said.
Earlier, the media had reported that three people were killed in the incident.
The demonstration was over long waits to get Iran visas.
Unemployment and joblessness in the war-hit country has led many Afghans to go to the neighbouring country and seek jobs there.
Parts of the building were damaged, but no member of the consulate was injured in the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'