Afghan dead as protestors raid Iranian consulate
Herat: One person was killed and three injured on Saturday when protestors raided the Iranian consulate in Herat city, the provincial capital of the western Afghan province of Herat, police said.
"A demonstration held by locals near the Iranian consulate building in Herat turned violent," Xinhua quoted province police chief Rahmatullah Safi as saying.
"The protestors clashed with the police. One protestor was killed and three people, including a policeman, were injured in the clash," he said.
Earlier, the media had reported that three people were killed in the incident.
The demonstration was over long waits to get Iran visas.
Unemployment and joblessness in the war-hit country has led many Afghans to go to the neighbouring country and seek jobs there.
Parts of the building were damaged, but no member of the consulate was injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand