Afghan deputy spy chief killed in suicide attack
Kabul: Afghanistan`s deputy intelligence chief and several government officials were killed Wednesday in a suicide attack in the eastern province of Laghman, officials said.
Abdullah Laghmani, the deputy head of Afghanistan`s intelligence service, was visiting his hometown Wednesday morning when the bomber blew himself up in the crowd, a security official who did not want to be named said.
"Yes, our information also says that Abdullah Laghmani was killed in this attack," he said.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid took responsibility for the attack and said Abdul Jabar, one of the group`s fighters, targeted the spy chief while he and several others were leaving a mosque in Metarlam city, the provincial capital.
Mujahid said 10 other government officials, including the head of the provincial council, were also killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes