Afghan deputy spy chief killed in suicide attack
Kabul: Afghanistan`s deputy intelligence chief and several government officials were killed Wednesday in a suicide attack in the eastern province of Laghman, officials said.
Abdullah Laghmani, the deputy head of Afghanistan`s intelligence service, was visiting his hometown Wednesday morning when the bomber blew himself up in the crowd, a security official who did not want to be named said.
"Yes, our information also says that Abdullah Laghmani was killed in this attack," he said.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid took responsibility for the attack and said Abdul Jabar, one of the group`s fighters, targeted the spy chief while he and several others were leaving a mosque in Metarlam city, the provincial capital.
Mujahid said 10 other government officials, including the head of the provincial council, were also killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state