Afghan education official shot dead
Kabul: An Afghan education official abducted 10 days ago was on Sunday found shot dead in the western province of Badghis, Xinhua reported.
Mohammad Mehdi was kidnapped along a main road from Badghis to neighbouring Herat province. His body was riddled with bullets, provincial government spokesman Sharfuddin Majidi said.
Afghan officials have been repeatedly targeted by militants since May 3 when the Taliban declared the launch of an offensive.
Five education officials have been killed in the eastern province of Paktika in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress