Afghan education official shot dead
Kabul: An Afghan education official abducted 10 days ago was on Sunday found shot dead in the western province of Badghis, Xinhua reported.
Mohammad Mehdi was kidnapped along a main road from Badghis to neighbouring Herat province. His body was riddled with bullets, provincial government spokesman Sharfuddin Majidi said.
Afghan officials have been repeatedly targeted by militants since May 3 when the Taliban declared the launch of an offensive.
Five education officials have been killed in the eastern province of Paktika in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'