Afghan forces take over security duty in province
Kabul: The Afghan security forces Wednesday took control of parts of Kunar province from the NATO-led troops in Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
The US and NATO forces will hand over full security duties to the Afghan forces in 2014.
"Today we saw another historic moment here in Kunar as our security forces officially took full control of security in provincial capital Asad Abad and districts of Narang, Nurgul and Chawkay from NATO-led coalition forces," Army General Mohammad Akram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says