Afghan forces take over security duty in province
Kabul: The Afghan security forces Wednesday took control of parts of Kunar province from the NATO-led troops in Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
The US and NATO forces will hand over full security duties to the Afghan forces in 2014.
"Today we saw another historic moment here in Kunar as our security forces officially took full control of security in provincial capital Asad Abad and districts of Narang, Nurgul and Chawkay from NATO-led coalition forces," Army General Mohammad Akram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days