Afghan forces take over security duty in province
Kabul: The Afghan security forces Wednesday took control of parts of Kunar province from the NATO-led troops in Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
The US and NATO forces will hand over full security duties to the Afghan forces in 2014.
"Today we saw another historic moment here in Kunar as our security forces officially took full control of security in provincial capital Asad Abad and districts of Narang, Nurgul and Chawkay from NATO-led coalition forces," Army General Mohammad Akram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police