Afghan Foreign Minister to visit Pakistan
Islamabad: Afghan Foreign Minister Zalmai Rassoul will visit Pakistan on Friday to hold talks with his counterpart on Afghan peace process.
Rassoul will hold official talks with Hina Rabbani Khar that will focus on Islamabad’s role in the Afghan peace process, Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
During this visit, Rassoul will also call on the Pakistani leadership, the statement said.
He will be accompanied by a high level delegation from the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The visit comes days after the trip to Islamabad by the Afghan peace envoy during which Pakistan released 13 Afghan Taliban prisoners, including a key military commander, to push the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September