Afghan girl beheaded after rejecting marriage proposal
London: A 15-year-old girl in Afghanistan was beheaded by a relative after she and her family turned down the man`s marriage proposal, a British daily reported.
The victim named Gisa was decapitated with a knife in Imam Sahib district of Kunduz province, police told the Daily Mail.
Police said two men, Sadeq and Massoud, were arrested after the murder. They are close relatives of the victim and live in the same village.
Police said the men wanted to marry the girl, but their advances were turned down by the victim`s father.
The girl was attacked when she was returning to her home in Kulkul village after going out to collect water from a well, the daily said.
It was, however, not clear which of the two men killed the girl.
Her father said he had not wanted his daughter to get married because she was too young.
This year, the country`s Independent Human Rights Commission recorded 16 incidents of honour killings in March and April alone, the first two months of the Afghan New Year.
In July, a spate of brutal killings left four women and two children dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures