Afghan Governor attacked, unhurt
Kabul: The governor of Paktia province in east Afghanistan was attacked on Sunday but escaped unhurt. Four attackers and a civilian were killed, an official said.
"The attack happened at around 12 (noon), when Governor Juma Khan Hamdard left his office in (provincial capital) Gerdez," Rohulla Samon, the provincial spokesperson, told Xinhua.
The first attacker detonated his explosive and killed one civilian when the Governor`s vehicle was passing by.
The spokesperson said: "The other three attackers opened fire, but all the three were killed by police and the Governor`s bodyguards in the gun battle."
"The Governor is safe and sound," Rohulla Samon added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'