Afghan Governor attacked, unhurt
Kabul: The governor of Paktia province in east Afghanistan was attacked on Sunday but escaped unhurt. Four attackers and a civilian were killed, an official said.
"The attack happened at around 12 (noon), when Governor Juma Khan Hamdard left his office in (provincial capital) Gerdez," Rohulla Samon, the provincial spokesperson, told Xinhua.
The first attacker detonated his explosive and killed one civilian when the Governor`s vehicle was passing by.
The spokesperson said: "The other three attackers opened fire, but all the three were killed by police and the Governor`s bodyguards in the gun battle."
"The Governor is safe and sound," Rohulla Samon added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city