Afghan govt wants foreign `killers of civilians` handed over
Kabul: Afghanistan`s government demanded n Thursday that the foreigners responsible for the alleged killing of 10 unarmed civilians in a recent military operation be handed over to its custody.
The demand came from the National Security Council (NSC), chaired by President Hamid Karzai, who has been vocal in his condemnation of international forces he believes are responsible for the incident.
"The meeting of the National Security Council demanded that those responsible for the deaths of those innocent youths must be handed over to the Afghan government," a statement from Karzai`s office said.
Afghan authorities, citing the results of an investigation, said yesterday that Western military forces killed 10 civilians, eight of them teenagers, in a raid late Saturday in the province of Kunar, a known militant flashpoint.
NATO forces have disputed the results of the Afghan probe, saying that the foreigners involved were non-military Americans on a sanctioned operation who fired in self-defence after being shot at by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video