Afghan govt wants foreign `killers of civilians` handed over
Kabul: Afghanistan`s government demanded n Thursday that the foreigners responsible for the alleged killing of 10 unarmed civilians in a recent military operation be handed over to its custody.
The demand came from the National Security Council (NSC), chaired by President Hamid Karzai, who has been vocal in his condemnation of international forces he believes are responsible for the incident.
"The meeting of the National Security Council demanded that those responsible for the deaths of those innocent youths must be handed over to the Afghan government," a statement from Karzai`s office said.
Afghan authorities, citing the results of an investigation, said yesterday that Western military forces killed 10 civilians, eight of them teenagers, in a raid late Saturday in the province of Kunar, a known militant flashpoint.
NATO forces have disputed the results of the Afghan probe, saying that the foreigners involved were non-military Americans on a sanctioned operation who fired in self-defence after being shot at by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal