Afghan insurgency growing: US general
London: An insurgency in Afghanistan is growing and the success of the military campaign there cannot be taken for granted, General Stanley McChrystal, head of US and NATO troops, said on Thursday.
McChrystal described the situation in Afghanistan as serious. "Neither success nor failure can be taken for granted," he said in a speech in London.
In his first public speech since submitting his report over the situation in Afghanistan to the White House, McChrystal made a point that success was attainable with the correct strategy and additional resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3