Afghan insurgency growing: US general
London: An insurgency in Afghanistan is growing and the success of the military campaign there cannot be taken for granted, General Stanley McChrystal, head of US and NATO troops, said on Thursday.
McChrystal described the situation in Afghanistan as serious. "Neither success nor failure can be taken for granted," he said in a speech in London.
In his first public speech since submitting his report over the situation in Afghanistan to the White House, McChrystal made a point that success was attainable with the correct strategy and additional resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000