Afghan insurgency growing: US general
London: An insurgency in Afghanistan is growing and the success of the military campaign there cannot be taken for granted, General Stanley McChrystal, head of US and NATO troops, said on Thursday.
McChrystal described the situation in Afghanistan as serious. "Neither success nor failure can be taken for granted," he said in a speech in London.
In his first public speech since submitting his report over the situation in Afghanistan to the White House, McChrystal made a point that success was attainable with the correct strategy and additional resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch