Afghan lady cop kills NATO adviser at Kabul police HQ
Kabul: In a first incident of its kind, a female member of Afghanistan security forces shot dead an American military adviser of NATO forces on Monday.
The shooting took place inside Kabul police headquarters, according to a BBC report.
The policewoman has been detained and she is suspected to have links with Taliban.
The NATO military command said it was looking into reports of the shooting but had no independent information.
The string of insider attacks is one of the greatest threats to NATO`s mission in the country, endangering a partnership key to training up Afghan security forces and withdrawing international troops.
In September, the US had halted training for local police recruits because of increasing “insider attacks”.
More than 50 international troops have been killed by Afghan soldiers or police this year, and a number of other assaults — insider attacks as they are known — are still under investigations. NATO forces, due to mostly withdraw from the country by 2014, have speeded up efforts to train and advise Afghan military and police units before the pullout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000