Afghan local police member kills five colleagues
Kabul: A member of Afghanistan’s government-backed militia shot and killed five of his colleagues, officials were reported as saying.
Badhis provincial government spokesman Mirwais Mirzakwal told The Associated Press on friday that the shooting happened yesterday morning in a remote part of Qadis district.
The spokesman says investigators have been sent to the area where the shooting occurred but that he has limited information because the region is difficult to call over the telephone.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Local Police, a program in which the government in Kabul and international allies train and fund villagers to mount defence forces against insurgents.
It was the latest in a string of insider attacks by members of the Afghan security forces against colleagues or international advisers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists