Afghan local police member kills five colleagues
Kabul: A member of Afghanistan’s government-backed militia shot and killed five of his colleagues, officials were reported as saying.
Badhis provincial government spokesman Mirwais Mirzakwal told The Associated Press on friday that the shooting happened yesterday morning in a remote part of Qadis district.
The spokesman says investigators have been sent to the area where the shooting occurred but that he has limited information because the region is difficult to call over the telephone.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Local Police, a program in which the government in Kabul and international allies train and fund villagers to mount defence forces against insurgents.
It was the latest in a string of insider attacks by members of the Afghan security forces against colleagues or international advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'