Afghan local police member kills five colleagues
Kabul: A member of Afghanistan’s government-backed militia shot and killed five of his colleagues, officials were reported as saying.
Badhis provincial government spokesman Mirwais Mirzakwal told The Associated Press on friday that the shooting happened yesterday morning in a remote part of Qadis district.
The spokesman says investigators have been sent to the area where the shooting occurred but that he has limited information because the region is difficult to call over the telephone.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Local Police, a program in which the government in Kabul and international allies train and fund villagers to mount defence forces against insurgents.
It was the latest in a string of insider attacks by members of the Afghan security forces against colleagues or international advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'