Afghan local police member kills five colleagues
Kabul: A member of Afghanistan’s government-backed militia shot and killed five of his colleagues, officials were reported as saying.
Badhis provincial government spokesman Mirwais Mirzakwal told The Associated Press on friday that the shooting happened yesterday morning in a remote part of Qadis district.
The spokesman says investigators have been sent to the area where the shooting occurred but that he has limited information because the region is difficult to call over the telephone.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Local Police, a program in which the government in Kabul and international allies train and fund villagers to mount defence forces against insurgents.
It was the latest in a string of insider attacks by members of the Afghan security forces against colleagues or international advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof