Afghan local police member kills five colleagues
Kabul: A member of Afghanistan’s government-backed militia shot and killed five of his colleagues, officials were reported as saying.
Badhis provincial government spokesman Mirwais Mirzakwal told The Associated Press on friday that the shooting happened yesterday morning in a remote part of Qadis district.
The spokesman says investigators have been sent to the area where the shooting occurred but that he has limited information because the region is difficult to call over the telephone.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Local Police, a program in which the government in Kabul and international allies train and fund villagers to mount defence forces against insurgents.
It was the latest in a string of insider attacks by members of the Afghan security forces against colleagues or international advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what