Afghan minister survives assassination bid
Kabul: A day after an Afghan lawmaker was killed in a suicide blast, Higher Education Minister Obaidullah Obaid survived an assassination attempt Sunday after a bomb targeted his motorcade in the country`s northern region.
The minister was travelling from Baghlan to Kunduz province when one of the cars in his convoy hit a roadside bomb, the Afghan police said.
The attack injured two of the bodyguards, the police added. "The minister is safe, while two policemen were wounded in the bomb attack."
On Saturday, a suicide bomber blew himself up at a wedding reception in Samangan province, also in the north, killing a top Afghan lawmaker and 22 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31