Afghan peace efforts will succeed: General Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Kayani has expressed hopes that his country’s and international efforts to bring peace and stability in Afghanistan would succeed.
Kayani also welcomed the appointment of General David Petraeus as US commander in-charge of NATO operations in Afghanistan.
“His (Petraeus) experience and expertise in similar conditions is likely to add value to a complex situation,” The Daily Times quoted Kayani, as saying.
“He is somebody that I have known over the last two years... he has full understanding of Pakistan’s perspective and is acutely appreciative of Pakistani sacrifices,” he added.
He further emphasised upon the primacy of political strategy and objectives, and said that the strategic framework must be defined by Afghanistan and must have full Afghan ownership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal