Afghan pilots learn air assault tactics from 101st
Bagram Air Field (Afghanistan): With Afghan troops increasingly leading combat operations on the ground, the Afghan Air Force`s fledgling helicopter fleet based in Kabul has learned new techniques to support them from the air.
The US Army`s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade started a new training program at Bagram Air Field for Afghan helicopter pilots to learn how to perform air assault missions, which they have started to use in combat operations.
101st Combat Aviation Brigade Commander Colonel Paul Bontrager said the Afghans need to be weaned off American aviation during the drawdown of US forces this year.
The ability of Afghan helicopters to quickly drop soldiers into combat is a new and critical role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority