Afghan pilots learn air assault tactics from 101st
Bagram Air Field (Afghanistan): With Afghan troops increasingly leading combat operations on the ground, the Afghan Air Force`s fledgling helicopter fleet based in Kabul has learned new techniques to support them from the air.
The US Army`s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade started a new training program at Bagram Air Field for Afghan helicopter pilots to learn how to perform air assault missions, which they have started to use in combat operations.
101st Combat Aviation Brigade Commander Colonel Paul Bontrager said the Afghans need to be weaned off American aviation during the drawdown of US forces this year.
The ability of Afghan helicopters to quickly drop soldiers into combat is a new and critical role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says