Afghan police kill 12 Taliban fighters
Kabul: Units of Afghan national police during series of operations across the country over the past 24 hours have killed 12 Taliban militants, Interior Ministry said in a statement released here on Monday.
The operations, according to the statement were conducted in Nangarhar, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Maidan Wardak , Logar, Farah and Helmand provinces which have also left eight more militants wounded and four others arrested.
However, it did not say if there were any casualties on police. Taliban militants fighting the government have yet to make comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore