Afghan police kill 15 militants, detain 11
Kabul: Afghan police have killed over a dozen Taliban militants and arrested 11 others during a series of operations since Wednesday, the interior ministry said in a statement here Thursday.
"Units of police in conjunction with the national army and the NATO-led coalition force during a series of cleanup operations in Kabul, Kunduz, Kapisa, Kandahar, Logar, Zabul and Ghazni provinces have killed 15 Taliban militants and arrested 11 others over the past 24 hours," said the statement, reported Xinhua.
However, it did not say if there were any casualties for the security forces. Taliban militants fighting the government have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam