Afghan policeman kills three Americans: Report
Kabul: An Afghan policeman opened fire at a training centre in Herat province and killed three Americans, a report said on Sunday.
CNN quoted a police official, who requested anonymity, as saying that the three killed were most probably trainers at the West Zone Police Training Centre. The official also revealed that the shooter was also killed.
Major Adam Wojack, a NATO spokesman, said the victims were civilian contractors working for the International Security Assistance Force. He however did not confirm their nationality.
Giving a different account of the incident, Wojack said that gunman donned an Afghan Army uniform.
More information will be released on Monday, he said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali