Afghan President asks ousted ministers to play acting role
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday asked the two ousted top security ministers to continue their jobs as acting ministers, a statement released by the Presidential Palace said.
"President Hamid Karzai in meeting with the National Security Council on Sunday instructed General Abdul Rahim Wardak and General Bismillah Mohammadi to remain in office as acting defense minister and acting interior minister until appointing their replacements," the statement added.
In the wake of alleged artillery firing from Pakistan over the past couple of months, Afghan Wolesi Jirga or the Lower House of parliament summoned Defense Minister Wardak and Interior Minister Mohammadi on Saturday and disqualified them though voting.
President Karzai, according to the statement released by his office, said he respects the decision of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi