Afghan President asks ousted ministers to play acting role
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday asked the two ousted top security ministers to continue their jobs as acting ministers, a statement released by the Presidential Palace said.
"President Hamid Karzai in meeting with the National Security Council on Sunday instructed General Abdul Rahim Wardak and General Bismillah Mohammadi to remain in office as acting defense minister and acting interior minister until appointing their replacements," the statement added.
In the wake of alleged artillery firing from Pakistan over the past couple of months, Afghan Wolesi Jirga or the Lower House of parliament summoned Defense Minister Wardak and Interior Minister Mohammadi on Saturday and disqualified them though voting.
President Karzai, according to the statement released by his office, said he respects the decision of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof