‘Afghan soldier killed French troops over US video`
Kabul: An Afghan soldier who shot dead four
French troops has said he did it because of a recent video
showing US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban
insurgents, security sources said.
"During the initial interrogations by French soldiers, he
told them he did it because of the video in which American
soldiers were urinating on bodies," an Afghan army officer
The report was backed by an intelligence source and
another with access to information from the Afghan ministry of
defence, both of whom requested anonymity.
"In his initial confessions, he said that he was strongly
motivated to kill the soldiers when he saw the video of
foreign soldiers urinating on Afghan corpses," the
intelligence source said.
French Defence Minister Gerard Longuet said during a
visit to Kabul at the weekend that he had been told the
soldier who killed the four soldiers and wounded 15 others was
a Taliban infiltrator.
But President Hamid Karzai did not make the same
accusation in a statement today, describing the attack as "an
isolated and individual action".
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh