‘Afghan soldier killed French troops over US video`
Kabul: An Afghan soldier who shot dead four
French troops has said he did it because of a recent video
showing US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban
insurgents, security sources said.
"During the initial interrogations by French soldiers, he
told them he did it because of the video in which American
soldiers were urinating on bodies," an Afghan army officer
The report was backed by an intelligence source and
another with access to information from the Afghan ministry of
defence, both of whom requested anonymity.
"In his initial confessions, he said that he was strongly
motivated to kill the soldiers when he saw the video of
foreign soldiers urinating on Afghan corpses," the
intelligence source said.
French Defence Minister Gerard Longuet said during a
visit to Kabul at the weekend that he had been told the
soldier who killed the four soldiers and wounded 15 others was
a Taliban infiltrator.
But President Hamid Karzai did not make the same
accusation in a statement today, describing the attack as "an
isolated and individual action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations