Afghan soldier who shot mentor killed: NATO
Kabul: NATO says that an Afghan and international force has found and killed the Afghan soldier who shot dead his Australian mentor last month.
The statement by NATO forces says that the shooter was killed Sunday when he tried to pull his pistol on troops attempting to capture him in Khost province.
NATO says the man, Shafiullah, had no affiliation with any insurgent groups. Afghan army officials have said previously that the shooter was likely an insurgent who had infiltrated the army.
Separately, NATO says an international service member was killed in a bomb attack Monday in southern Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!