Afghan soldier who shot mentor killed: NATO
Kabul: NATO says that an Afghan and international force has found and killed the Afghan soldier who shot dead his Australian mentor last month.
The statement by NATO forces says that the shooter was killed Sunday when he tried to pull his pistol on troops attempting to capture him in Khost province.
NATO says the man, Shafiullah, had no affiliation with any insurgent groups. Afghan army officials have said previously that the shooter was likely an insurgent who had infiltrated the army.
Separately, NATO says an international service member was killed in a bomb attack Monday in southern Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'