Afghan Taliban claim credit for US withdrawal
Kandahar: The Taliban marked
on Friday`s 10th anniversary of the Afghan war by claiming to have
forced the United States and NATO to withdraw from the
Operation Enduring Freedom, launched on October 7, 2001
after the Taliban refused to surrender Osama bin Laden, took
just weeks to topple the Islamists.
But the militia later regrouped to wage an increasingly
"The US invader, who claim they are supporters of peace,
proved in 10 years that they are the most merciless and cruel
people," the militia said.
"The US deprived Afghans of their Islamic, independent
laws in the last 10 years and also deprived people of security
and stability. The Afghan nation showed readiness to struggle
against the US invaders," it added.
"The mujahedeen gradually strengthened jihad operations
and used different war tactics against the enemy, which
resulted in a number of casualties that led the invader enemy
to think about withdrawing from this country."
The United States and its NATO allies have said they will
withdraw combat troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
According to the independent icasualties.org website, at
least 2,754 foreign troops have died in Afghanistan, 1,802 of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks