Afghan Taliban issue video of US soldier Bergdahl
Washington: The Afghan Taliban issued a video of an American soldier captured last summer that showed him saying "please bring me home”.
The video of Idaho National Guard Private Bowe Bergdahl was posted and described by SITE Intelligence Group which monitors web sites used by extremist groups.
The Afghan Taliban had previously issued a video of Bergdahl on Christmas Day.
"I`m a prisoner. I want to go home. You know, the Afghanistan men who are in our prisons want to go home too. Let me go. Get me to come home. Release me," Bergdahl says, according to SITE.
The video ends with Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid saying his group demands the release of a limited number of prisoners in exchange for Bergdahl`s release, SITE said.
A Pentagon spokeswoman said: "We have seen reports of the video but we have not seen the video."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him