Afghan Taliban issue video of US soldier Bergdahl
Washington: The Afghan Taliban issued a video of an American soldier captured last summer that showed him saying "please bring me home”.
The video of Idaho National Guard Private Bowe Bergdahl was posted and described by SITE Intelligence Group which monitors web sites used by extremist groups.
The Afghan Taliban had previously issued a video of Bergdahl on Christmas Day.
"I`m a prisoner. I want to go home. You know, the Afghanistan men who are in our prisons want to go home too. Let me go. Get me to come home. Release me," Bergdahl says, according to SITE.
The video ends with Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid saying his group demands the release of a limited number of prisoners in exchange for Bergdahl`s release, SITE said.
A Pentagon spokeswoman said: "We have seen reports of the video but we have not seen the video."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP