Afghan Taliban want detainee swap with France
Kabul: The Taliban are demanding the French government free detainees in exchange for two French journalists kidnapped in Afghanistan in December.
In a statement today, the Taliban say they submitted a list of "most ordinary detainees" to the French and if they don`t respond quickly the lives of two hostages would be in danger.
The pair disappeared on December 30 along with two or three Afghan employees while travelling northeast of Kabul. The French government in the past has said it is aware of the kidnappings and is cooperating with NATO forces to obtain the release but has stated little publicly about the abductions.
The French government has not identified the journalists beyond giving their first names as Stephane and Herve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites