Sydney: An Afghan soldier who opened fire on
Australian troops at a remote base last year has claimed he
and his fellow Army recruits had often discussed killing the
foreigners, a report said on Saturday.
In a Taliban video, Mohammed Roozi talks about how he
attacked Australian and Afghan soldiers at Patrol Base Nasir
in November, saying he turned a machine gun and rocket
launcher on them before going into hiding.
Roozi, who seriously injured three Australians and two
Afghan soldiers in the attack, has been the subject of a
manhunt ever since.
"I had one mission on my mind -- to kill foreigners and
teach them a lesson. We are Muslims. We cannot accept
foreigners," The Sydney Morning Herald cited Roozi as saying
in the video.
The former soldier in the Afghan National Army, members
of which are being trained by Australian soldiers serving in
Afghanistan, said on the day of the attack he prepared the
grenade launcher and his gun in front of other soldiers.