Afghan troops attack Pak check post, 2 injured
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers were injured when Afghan troops intruded into Pakistan`s tribal belt and attacked a check post, officials said.
A group of about 30 Afghan National Army personnel intruded into the Kurram tribal region and attacked a check post in Dalasa area yesterday morning.
Two Pakistani personnel were injured in the incident, military officials told the media.
The attack by the Afghan troops was repulsed with heavy artillery fire, the officials said.
On July 12, Afghan troops reportedly intruded into a village in Kurram Agency and killed two civilians in an exchange of fire with local residents.
Islamabad and Kabul have traded angry charges over a string of cross-border attacks reportedly carried out by Pakistani Taliban fighters based in Afghanistan.
Afghan officials have said the Pakistan Army fired hundreds of rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble