Afghan troops attack Pak check post, 2 injured
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers were injured when Afghan troops intruded into Pakistan`s tribal belt and attacked a check post, officials said.
A group of about 30 Afghan National Army personnel intruded into the Kurram tribal region and attacked a check post in Dalasa area yesterday morning.
Two Pakistani personnel were injured in the incident, military officials told the media.
The attack by the Afghan troops was repulsed with heavy artillery fire, the officials said.
On July 12, Afghan troops reportedly intruded into a village in Kurram Agency and killed two civilians in an exchange of fire with local residents.
Islamabad and Kabul have traded angry charges over a string of cross-border attacks reportedly carried out by Pakistani Taliban fighters based in Afghanistan.
Afghan officials have said the Pakistan Army fired hundreds of rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured