Afghan troops attack Pak check post, 2 injured
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers were injured when Afghan troops intruded into Pakistan`s tribal belt and attacked a check post, officials said.
A group of about 30 Afghan National Army personnel intruded into the Kurram tribal region and attacked a check post in Dalasa area yesterday morning.
Two Pakistani personnel were injured in the incident, military officials told the media.
The attack by the Afghan troops was repulsed with heavy artillery fire, the officials said.
On July 12, Afghan troops reportedly intruded into a village in Kurram Agency and killed two civilians in an exchange of fire with local residents.
Islamabad and Kabul have traded angry charges over a string of cross-border attacks reportedly carried out by Pakistani Taliban fighters based in Afghanistan.
Afghan officials have said the Pakistan Army fired hundreds of rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today