Afghan villagers kill alleged bomber
Kabul: Some villagers in Afghanistan killed a man, suspected to have set off a bomb which killed 18 people who were on their way to a wedding Sunday, officials said.
The governor of Ghazni province, Musa Khan Akbarzadah, said locals in Ander district stoned the man to death. His body was then riddled with bullets, BBC reported Monday.
The villagers claimed the man had admitted responsibility for Sunday`s attack and planted a second bomb.
The suspected bomber was found by the villagers hiding near his home in Ander, a poor and deeply traditional Pashtun area in the east of the province, the provincial governor added.
The Taliban denied any involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway