Afghan war has cost Britain £18 bn
London: The cost of British military operations in Afghanistan was on Thursday officially estimated at over GBP 18 billion (around USD 29 billion), The Guardian reported.
The figures released by the House of Commons defence committee also show the cost of imposing a UN-backed no-fly zone in Libya as well as the cost of bombing targets at GBP 260 million (around USD 424 million).
The report, however, stated that these were just estimates.
"The total cost of operations in Afghanistan is not known," and that it was "too early to forecast the cost of British operations in Libya".
The committee said that this year itself military operations in Afghanistan will cost more than GBP 4 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself