Afghan war has cost Britain £18 bn
London: The cost of British military operations in Afghanistan was on Thursday officially estimated at over GBP 18 billion (around USD 29 billion), The Guardian reported.
The figures released by the House of Commons defence committee also show the cost of imposing a UN-backed no-fly zone in Libya as well as the cost of bombing targets at GBP 260 million (around USD 424 million).
The report, however, stated that these were just estimates.
"The total cost of operations in Afghanistan is not known," and that it was "too early to forecast the cost of British operations in Libya".
The committee said that this year itself military operations in Afghanistan will cost more than GBP 4 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!