Afghan woman official killed in blast
Kabul: An Afghan woman official and her husband died and 11 other people were injured when a sticky bomb attached to the couple`s car went off in eastern Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
Anifa Safi, head of the Provincial Women Affairs` Department in the eastern province of Laghman, and her husband were killed in provincial capital Mehterlam, said police chief Sar Jang Khan.
He said the injured received non-life-threatening wounds and were being treated in a hospital.
In another incident, militants broke into the house of a police officer in Tangi Murch of Burka district in the northern province of Baghlan and killed him and his 17-year-old son, police told Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez