Afghanistan: 11 killed in Taliban attack
Moscow: As many as 11 people, including four Taliban fighters, were killed and over a dozen others injured after militants attacked a provincial governor`s compound in Afghanistan Thursday, media reports said citing Afghan officials.
The four assailants, disguised as Afghan police officers and wearing suicide vests, stormed the compound of Farah province Governor Mohammad Akram Khapalwak in the morning, the New York Times said, quoting provincial police security chief Mohammad Ghaus Malyaar.
Those killed were shot dead in a gun battle, and none of the attackers was apparently able to detonate an explosive vest, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living