Afghanistan: 11 killed in Taliban attack
Moscow: As many as 11 people, including four Taliban fighters, were killed and over a dozen others injured after militants attacked a provincial governor`s compound in Afghanistan Thursday, media reports said citing Afghan officials.
The four assailants, disguised as Afghan police officers and wearing suicide vests, stormed the compound of Farah province Governor Mohammad Akram Khapalwak in the morning, the New York Times said, quoting provincial police security chief Mohammad Ghaus Malyaar.
Those killed were shot dead in a gun battle, and none of the attackers was apparently able to detonate an explosive vest, the report said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!