Afghanistan: 11 killed in Taliban attack
Moscow: As many as 11 people, including four Taliban fighters, were killed and over a dozen others injured after militants attacked a provincial governor`s compound in Afghanistan Thursday, media reports said citing Afghan officials.
The four assailants, disguised as Afghan police officers and wearing suicide vests, stormed the compound of Farah province Governor Mohammad Akram Khapalwak in the morning, the New York Times said, quoting provincial police security chief Mohammad Ghaus Malyaar.
Those killed were shot dead in a gun battle, and none of the attackers was apparently able to detonate an explosive vest, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?