Afghanistan: 16 killed in ‘clean-up’ operation
Kabul: At least 16 Taliban militants have been killed in "clean-up" operations in Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry said Sunday.
Afghan police, Army and personnel from the NATO-led coalition forces launched joint operations in Sar-e-Pul, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Wardak, Logar, Herat, Farah, Ghor and Helmand provinces, Xinhua reported.
A total of 22 Taliban militants were arrested.
The ministry did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOW! This video of Andhra actor singing Allah, Allah fires up the internet – WATCH viral video
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani