Afghanistan: 16 killed in ‘clean-up’ operation
Kabul: At least 16 Taliban militants have been killed in "clean-up" operations in Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry said Sunday.
Afghan police, Army and personnel from the NATO-led coalition forces launched joint operations in Sar-e-Pul, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Wardak, Logar, Herat, Farah, Ghor and Helmand provinces, Xinhua reported.
A total of 22 Taliban militants were arrested.
The ministry did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media