Afghanistan: 16 killed in ‘clean-up’ operation
Kabul: At least 16 Taliban militants have been killed in "clean-up" operations in Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry said Sunday.
Afghan police, Army and personnel from the NATO-led coalition forces launched joint operations in Sar-e-Pul, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Wardak, Logar, Herat, Farah, Ghor and Helmand provinces, Xinhua reported.
A total of 22 Taliban militants were arrested.
The ministry did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed