Afghanistan: 16 killed in ‘clean-up’ operation
Kabul: At least 16 Taliban militants have been killed in "clean-up" operations in Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry said Sunday.
Afghan police, Army and personnel from the NATO-led coalition forces launched joint operations in Sar-e-Pul, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Wardak, Logar, Herat, Farah, Ghor and Helmand provinces, Xinhua reported.
A total of 22 Taliban militants were arrested.
The ministry did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city